Friday, April 15, 2011

Something amazing happened today...

You know how we go through life looking for all the right answers, thinking that they will be some huge thing that will just smack us right in the face? Remember being innocent and self-less?

Today I took the kids out to play and Gavin has been so clingy lately with his allergies and teething the only way I could keep him happy was to sit with him in a patch of buttercup flowers. Do you remember those yellow blossoms that we used to pick when we were little and if it reflected yellow on your skin you liked butter or something like that. Anyway, today it got really windy like mad wind. I was trying to take a close up of the buttercups and although I could probably catch it with my camera and the wind I didn't feel like taking 500 pics to get one and I said something a long the lines of "stupid wind". Avery looked at me and said "Momma it is just Jesus blowing the wind" I responded with "I know baby but I was trying to take a picture". She looked at me and Sternly said "momma! just wait a minute, I have to talk to Jesus" I knew what she was going to say and kept clicking fighting the wind and I hear that little sweet voice say " Jesus, can you stop blowing the wind for just one minute, my mommy is trying to take a picture of this pretty yellow flower". Do you know what happened? The wind stopped, I sat my camera in my lap my eyes big and looked at Avery and she said "see momma, he stopped it, take your picture" (she is 3 ya know) so I put the camera back on the flower and clicked, one time and I got this:


I added the words and it is going in her room. I want her to always remember that day, I know that I will.

We pray for all sorts of things sometimes the way he answers isn't exactly the answer we are looking for but today was a wonderful reminder of how wonderful a simple, self-less prayer is and that prayer certainly does work.

4 comments:

  1. That made me cry! I can "read" a difference in you! seems like you may have found a little peace. I am happy for you! Turely a witnessed maracial!
    Thank you for sharing. You have a talent for insight love always Cassie Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been struggling with my faith. As you know I have had a trying past and in that past I held on to the hope that holding a strong faith I will some how have a happy and peaceful future. As time passes and I open my eyes to the realities and see things for what they are..... step outside my "bubble". I seemed to have loosened the grip on the faith I have carried through the trenches. I have been working on the faith and this blog gave me a lil hope that he is there and is listening!
    Again Cassie Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie, I am so glad that this spoke to you, gave you some hope. It is, I guess part of the purpose of me blogging, hoping that out of the billions of people that have access that at the least one can take something from it. Love, Heather.

    ReplyDelete