If there's anything I've learned in my life, it's that it is hard to be a woman. The stereotypes how we should look and act. I've made my way through life the hard way, I want you to have it a little easier. I hear you ask things "am I pretty?" "Do I look fat?" I already see the world taking it's toll on your confidence. Don't let it. You are made perfectly a unique, Divine Creation.
I feel like I'm standing still barely breathing and blinking and time is flying by, I'm not a girly girl I don't wear makeup a lot, I dress for comfort not fashion. I've traded the majority of my stilettos for flip flops and cowboy boots and yet you still think I'm this amazing woman, you still watch me in awe, learning and taking notes of what this major female role model in your life is and what you aspire to be. Don't be like me baby girl, be you and know all of these things.
1. The world is rough, not everyone will think you're pretty. Mommy always will.
2. People will be mean, they'll be hateful. Love them anyway.
3. Don't fall into the trap of having a supermodel figure/hair/makeup. Less is always more.
4. It's ok to cry, it's ok to laugh, it's ok to be silly most importantly it's ok to be you.
5. I don't care how much he says he loves you, he's not worth giving up your virginity until he commits in marriage.
6. You don't have to find a man by flaunting your body, when you find Mr. Right he will love you for you.
7. Don't give up looking for your fairy tale, it's out there somewhere and only the patient and persistent find theirs.
8. Never be afraid to stand up for what you believe in.
9. There will always be someone who has more, but somewhere someone has less give to those that need.
10. Hold your head high.
11. Don't ever settle because you don't think you're worth better, you are.
12. It's ok to have chocolate and wine for dinner. (When your 21, of course ;) )
13. You don't have to be in the "in" crowd to succeed, confidence, intelligence, ambition and persistence will get you where you need to be.
14. Don't forget while you're out there making it big, the little things are the most important in life.
15. It's ok to go to the store in sweatpants and cowboy boots, trust me.
16. Don't ever, EVER lose Faith.
17. Always give second chances, thirds and fourths are at your discretion but always forgive. Forgiving doesn't mean a person has to stay in your life, it just means you forgive them and are moving on.
18. Jewelry is overrated.
19. Don't be afraid to be alone. (Because you really never are)
20. Don't be afraid to find yourself.
21. And when you do, set your goals and stick to them.
22. Money can't buy happiness.
23. You are WORTH it, whatever it is. You DESERVE to be treated amazing, to feel loved, cared for, important, irreplaceable.
24. Life is full of disappointments, stumbles, failures and falls. It's ok, dust yourself off and try again, we all mess up it's how we learn.
25. Mommy will always, always be here, arms and door open, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen. I will laugh with you, cry with you, rejoice with you and you will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be my pootah bear.