Saturday, April 9, 2011

Redirected

Thursday evening I read something that I wanted to blog about I laid in bed the majority of the night thinking of words to put together for a blog. I had some thoughts thrown together because I never totally write out what I am going to type before hand. I was prepared to talk about love, loving everyone and hating no one, the thing I had read was nasty it was talking about God and not in a good way. The words hurt because although I had known this person was not a Christian I had loved her I have never talked badly of her or her religion (or lack there of). I couldn't understand why there was no discretion, no care for whom she may be hurting by her words.

Then Friday when I woke, something terrible had happened I got hurt times 4. I had woken in a wonderful mood ready to start my day and read a message sent to me that cut so deep that words cannot even describe. It was gossip, gossip is so evil but yet so common, we have all taken part in gossip in one way or another, we have all talked badly of someone we do care about we get wrapped up in the now and forget what we are actually doing.

This all came at a very hard time for me and oddly enough it couldn't have happened at a better time... I have been trying hard to strengthen my relationship with the Lord and this was a small eye opener to things I have done in my past, gossiping. Only one thing can hurt just as deeply as the words I read yesterday and that is knowing that the feeling I am feeling I have caused in someone else at some point in my life.

So today, friends, I come to you and urge you to think before you allow your tongue to lash out, think before you let words of hatred leave your lips. Regardless of your religious beliefs gossip remains the same someone is being hurt, deceived, trust is being broken and friendships will crumble.


I have always been told that for every door that closes another will be opened for you, yesterday I lost 4 friends that I love very much but as I drove home from my oldest sons ball game I received a friend request on FB a friend from my past and this was the first thing I read on her page:

Dear God, I come to You as humble as I know how. I confess my sins, those known and unknown. Lord, You know I am not perfect and I fall short everyday of my life, but I want to take time out to say thank You for Your mercy. Thank You for my health, my family and friends, the roof over my head, food on my table, and everything I have.

What a perfect ending to a very imperfect day.

Proverbs 18:8 “The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.”

1 comment:

  1. When we are at our highest, others try to bring us to their lowest. True friends are not hurtful. You are an awesome person with your priorities in order. It won't take away the hurt of stabbing words, but knowing you are on a narrower path than others gives you armour against the stones this world throws.

    ReplyDelete