Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I am such a slacker, but it is SUMMER-TIME! Fresh veggie pasta bowl.

I promise myself every-time I blog that I will do it at the very least 2 times a week. It never fails something comes up, I am too exhausted or we have been running all day long.

So summer is by far my favorite time of year. I love the smell of rain on a hot day or fresh cut grass. I love the fresh veggies, the flowers, the bugs. I love it ALL!

Since I have been such a slacker I will give you this :D.

Today I was starving and decided I wanted to make a pasta "something" for lunch. I grabbed a couple ingredients that we happen to have around the house.




Mozzarella, bacon, pasta (your choice I used Gemelli) Tomato, Squash, garlic, onion, basil, parsley, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper (which if you look closely you can see it with the kosher salt on the right hand side.) I wanted so badly to have my pepper mill in the photograph but guess what!? My name is high gear Helen and I love to leave things that melt entirely too close to the stove.

so as you can see the pepper mill works fine it just isn't pretty :D Anyway, onto the FOOD.

So I started my salted water so it could get to a boil for my noodles. Then in a small skillet I threw the raw bacon, onion and squash. Just before the bacon got completely done I threw in the garlic. Once the Garlic was softened enough I drained the bacon grease and added a pad of butter. Once the noodles were done I added them to the skillet with the fresh herbs and cheese. I mixed it up in the hot skillet just until the cheese is starting to melt! Then I added my diced tomato to the mix just to get it warm. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and even some fresh parm if you want!

Enjoy..

No comments:

Post a Comment