Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yesterdays Meatloaf, and I ain't talking about the singer.

I am starting this as I stand in my corner and smells of bacon and beef are coming from the oven, how can you go wrong? BACON AND BEEF! mmmm.
So you know I used Pioneer Womans meatloaf recipe and if you know me well enough you also know I didn't follow the directions. So here is what I did, since I am old I have to type it now or else I will forget.

First. I didn't measure anything, never do, unless I bake. Then I quickly realized there is NO parsley in the house, none. I wasn't about to drag 2 toddlers down the street for parsley so brainstorm: Mrs. Dash! Perfect, hey, it has parsley in it. Next, some basil, I mean why not right? Probably somewhere around a teaspoon, heaping of each. Onion powder, God bless whomever realized you could dehydrated an onion and ground it to powder because my husband HATES onion texture but loves the taste, go figure. I on the other hand could eat them raw. So, I added onion powder and some finely minced garlic. Last but not least, I couldn't find the tabasco and I really didn't look too hard because my new love in the kitchen is sriracha sauce, the stuff is hot like it will melt your nasal passages hot but used in the right way it is amazing! SO about a Tsp and 1/2 but I tasted to make sure it wasn't TOO hot. Jason can literally dip his salmon in the plain sauce, I cannot.

I decided to go with Cheese Grits, If you have never had meatloaf on a warm sea of cheese grits, well, you just haven't lived. Here you go all plated up for you, go ahead, have a taste (and excuse my crappy cell phone photography skills)

It was so amazing, and I am going to have a meatloaf sandwich at lunch! I am so excited that I may have it for breakfast :D and then lunch, lol.

Well the troops are up and about now. I am chasing Gavin off the stairs and Avery is screaming at him "awwwww you're in big twuble" (all is normal).

I urge you all to try Pioneer Womans Meatloaf you can find the links in yesterdays post!
Hope you all have a very blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. You have good reason to like raw onions. Your grandmother used to eat onion sandwiches!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete