Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Be Thankful.

No matter how rough this year has been we should all be thankful. We get busy cooking and preparing to put on the perfect "show" for the holidays and we tend to forget the simple things. We go through everyday life at such a speed we don't slow down and enjoy the little things, savor the smells, enjoy the moment.
I have learned a lot in the past few years the biggest lesson of all is be thankful. Life is so precious. Sometimes I find myself upset with one of the kids because they have written on something, broke something or just plain out don't listen. Then I realize I am thankful for those moments because in 9-18ish short years I will look back upon the days it took me 10 hours and a lot of elbow grease to get crayon off the walls. Or, the 5000 times a day I have to pull someone off the top of a table or something. I could go on and on with examples but you get what I am saying.

I so often hear people say life sucks, I hate my life etc... I too am guilty of these things. Sometimes we should stop, think, look around and count the things we have to be thankful for.

I lost my Grandfather in October, It has been such an emotional roller coaster. I know that he is so happy, he has achieved his life goal, to be with Jesus. The holidays are going to be so strange to me for a while, with out his crooked grin and soft voice. That blue chair in the sun room, empty, but through all of those emotions, I am thankful. Thankful that I had a Grandaddy like him, I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

So while you are surrounded by whomever you are with this Thanksgiving, eating whatever it is you have to eat, be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment