Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pinterest: succeed or fail. Nail polish flowers.

So I've been watching this pin. It looks so simple and the finished product is amazingly adorable. I wanted to try because how cute would it be as a photo-prop head piece on a baby girl!? 

The pin:


So it looks simple enough and I used some scrap wire I had left over because I didn't want to waste money if it didn't work. I had my doubts, I felt like the nail polish wouldn't cover the whole petal and I'd be left with painted wire skeletons of flowers. 
Was I ever wrong!

It's as simple as it shows, make your flower. 

My wire is a tad thicker than what I wanted to use so when I go to make the head piece I'll go with a thinner wire. 

Pick your polish and paint each petal, the first swipe didn't work on 2 petals but the second it went right on. No problem! 


Then I thought, there's no way the polish won't be extremely fragile....but guess what!? When it dried it's much tougher than I had expected! 
I will shape my flowers better for the head piece.  I thought I took a picture of the polish brand, if it matters, it's Sally Hensen. 



Here's the original link:

http://justbeccaz.tumblr.com/post/75654680180/clarainamillionpieces-lions-teeth





No comments:

Post a Comment