Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dreams and Fairy tales

I remember being little, I remember what my fairy tale was. It was so simple, I never wished to be a princess, or live in a huge castle (my sister did though, she was definitely a girly girl when we were little) or be rich. I did wish and dream for a fairy tale wedding but the biggest dream I had was to be a Mom. Even through my 'I want to be a doctor stage' I still wanted to be a mom.

 Well now here I am, a mom of 3 absolutely amazing children. I now watch Avery have wishes and dreams and fairy-tale-hopes, hers are much more elaborate (but we all knew she was going to be something else from the moment she came out red-faced-screaming-hot-beautiful-mess) She is going to be a fairy, or a princess it doesn't matter which, she is going to marry a prince and she is going to have lots of kids and clothes, and shoes... It almost breaks my heart knowing that it most likely won't happen, but I guess you never know, right? When she watched to royal wedding do you know that we had to leave the house because she was so upset, she cried to the point of hyperventilation because "I am supposed to marry the prince Mommy, I am going to be the princess" (she and 90% of the worlds female population had their dreams shattered that day)

 Boys dreams are a lot simpler, Walker wants to play in the NFL (and at the rate he is going, he just may.) He used to want to be a truck driver, a mechanic, a NASCAR driver and before that a fireman but I think every kid wants to be a fireman at some point. Gavin just wishes he could have a cookie and wants to see a train.

 We never stop wishing, dreaming, hoping, praying. There is always something. Sometimes I when I drive down 95 and see the billboard for the VA lotto, and it is at some outrageous amount. I think about everything I would do if I won. I mean I have it planned to a 't', I know what I would buy/build/gift/donate/save. It gets a little depressing when reality sets back in. Another dream I have is to own a restaurant/store, you know like a mom n pop shop where everything for sale is handmade (soap, lotion, candles, candy, clothes, toys) and the food is to die for and it is the same specials every week that keep them all coming back. when I moved here in '07 there was this little restaurant down the street, I never went to it but I dreamed of owning it. It isn't fancy, it isn't big, it is perfect. It is right off a main interstate and a main road and only 2 minutes from my house. The thing has changed owners 3 times since I moved here, each time the for sale sign brought secret hopes and dreams to my head. Well the last time it sold (this past summer) I saw a couple of guys cooking- outside on 2 old charcoal grills- in the rain, I laughed and went on across the railroad tracks. guess what? It is for sale again, so the hopes and dreams all come flooding back, I have never been inside this place but I have a picture in my mind of what it would look like when I own it. I even think about my menu and have this theory that if during hunting season I open extra early to serve breakfast I would make a killing! I have to bring myself back down every now and again because It is a sad reality that I will never own it or one, but I love to dream.


 What are your dreams? What do your children want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment