Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is that Gordon Ramsay in my kitchen?




No,it is just me. Sharing a yummy recipe, it helps if I post them here because I make these things up and NEVER write them down...

I have no title for my recipe so feel free to suggest one.

Prepared Risotto *see instructions below*

3 boneless skinless chicken breast

1/2 tsp oregano (guessing because I eyeball it)

1 tsp parsley

1 garlic clove minced

broccoli

asparagus

Parmesan cheese about 2 TBSP shredded


cut up chicken breast into bite size pieces place in skillet with minced garlic and olive oil. Add parsley and oregano. cover and cook until chicken is done add broccoli and asparagus (I cook my asparagus separately since I am the only one that eats it) Just before the veggies are done add parm cheese.

*Risotto* (HEAT 46oz of Chicken broth)In a deep skillet saute onion in 3 TBSP olive oil add Risotto make sure all is covered with oil. add HALF of the broth bring to boil and stir often add the rest of the broth a little at a time being sure to stir often. Once all liquid is absorbed add 3 TBSP of Parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper.

Serve the chicken and veggies over risotto and top with Mozzarella and Parmesan (if desired)


The good thing about this is, it is filling and is packed with protein and iron and vitamin c!!

1 comment:

  1. OH and PLEASE PLEASE use fresh asparagus, canned asparagus is a soggy joke :)

    ReplyDelete