Sunday, August 14, 2011

Banana bread, perfected.

Avery begs for Bananas every time we grocery shop. Some weeks she eats them before wednesday some weeks they get all black and nasty...

This week was black and nasty which ended up being a great thing. I hate wasting food, hate it. So I decided banana bread it would be.

My last banana bread was good, but it could have been better. I was out to scour the intrawebz for the perfect recipe. I came across one that was Emeril's I mean how can you go wrong with Emeril right? Here is his recipe, but you know me, I changed it.

So Here is what I did.

Ingredients
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs room temp
3/4 cup 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
Pinch 1 tsp of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
tsp of vanilla
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Oil and flour a PAM a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.

Using an electric mixer, cream the shortening and sugar. With the mixer running on medium speed, add the eggs one at a time. Add the bananas and mix well. Add the baking soda, salt, flour, nuts vanilla nutmeg and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. The dough will be sticky or cake-like.

Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake about one hour or until the center is brown and set.

I am so sad that there isn't any left, I hope Avery decides not to eat the bananas this week. i want to make french toast with some banana bread, um, yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment