Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A new spin on an old Favorite.

Oreo Cookies, Who doesn't love them?? I hate chocolate, but I LOVE Oreo Cookies ( I am weird I can't help it).

I got this recipe from Bakerella She is so talented, and I love making her stuff and putting my own twist on them.

Ok to the good stuff. Here is what you need to make your self-induced Sugar Coma ;)

A package of Oreo Cookies

An 8 oz package Cream Cheese Softened

White Chocolate Almond Bark (Bakers Chocolate, or vanilla flavored candy melts would work)

A food processor (or a ziploc bag, a Hammer and all of your frustration:))
A bowl
A spoon
A Cookie Sheet
A piece of wax paper

That is it, now lets get started.

Bakerella suggests that you take 7 Cookies out crumble them in the food processor and set aside to sprinkle ontop of your goodies (my 7 oreos didn't make it to the food processor, we ate them...oops)

Ok take the remaining oreos and chop them in the food processor Until all the cookies are crumbled into a Powder almost (not chunks). Take that and add in a bowl with your cream cheese using the back of a large spoon mix together until it is all blended.



Now you need to roll them into balls (the original recipe suggests that you do 1" balls in hindsight, I wish I would have done them way smaller, bite size they are super rich and one ball goes a long way). Place on your cookie sheet (that is covered with wax paper) I popped mine in the freezer while I prepared my white chocolate.




In a microwave safe bowl put your almond bark/candy melt/ white chocolate (whatever you decided on) nuke it in 20-30 second intervals stirring after each 20-30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drop the balls in (don't move around a lot and for Heavens sake don't stir!) Drizzle the chocolate over the oreo ball with a spoon until coated.



I should have coated mine more, but they were still super yummy!

have fun enjoy!

*sorry for the craptastic photo job (I NEED a new Camera)

2 comments:

  1. Oh hell yes. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had these oreo balls but with milk chocolate instead of white chocolate.
    btw, you hate chocolate?? I should have stopped reading your blog when I read that! :)

    ReplyDelete